originally from Food.com
Show your mom how sweet you are when you make these delicious and easy-to-make cinnamon rolls for your mom on Mother’s Day.
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix baking mix, milk and egg until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Pat or roll dough into an 8 x 10 rectangle.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at 10 inch side.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Place sealed side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut at 1 inch intervals ALMOST through to bottom, using scissors or sharp knife.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Mix powdered sugar and water until spreading consistency; spread over warm roll.