This is the perfect dish to take to a party or any family gathering. You know we will be making this poolside, for our next picnic, and all summer long.
- 14.5 oz. organic diced tomatoes
- ½ orange pepper
- ½ purple onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 fresh limes, juiced
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Blend all Blender Ingredients to desired consistency. Don’t over blend, you want it to be slightly chunky.
- Transfer blended salsa to a bowl.
- Stir in Chopped Additions.
- Serve in a hollowed pineapple half.
- First cut the pineapple in half long ways, using a sharp knife ensures a clean cut. We like starting with the bottom, working our way up to the leaves.
- Use a knife and run it around the edge of the pineapple, leaving enough of a perimeter for a bowl.
- Cut the pineapple insides into three pieces across it, then in half.
- Scoop out the 6 chunks and use a spoon to smooth out the bowl. Make sure not to scoop too close to the bottom of the pineapple or it can start to leak out the bottom when you add the salsa.
- Place the prepared Hawaiian Salsa in the pineapple bowl.