All the flavors of classic hummingbird cake in a delicious monkey bread. The perfect addition to your Easter or spring brunch!
- 2 16 oz. packages refrigerated biscuit dough (like Pillsbury Grands)
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. well-drained crushed pineapple
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. toasted coconut
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. fat free half & half or milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Unroll biscuits and cut into sixths.
- In a gallon-size Ziploc bag, mix 1/2 c. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon Add cut biscuits and shake to coat.
- To the same bag, add crushed pineapple (be sure it is very well-drained), chopped pecans, and sliced bananas. Shake gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 c. sugar and 1/2 c. butter and heat, stirring, until butter is melted. Pour over biscuit mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min, or until golden brown.
- While bread is baking, prepare icing by mixing powdered sugar, cream cheese, half & half, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Remove bread from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle with icing and toasted coconut.
- Serve warm.