Eating healthier in the New Year just got easier! This is an easy go-to healthy breakfast recipe. The Turkey and Egg Breakfast Casserole will be your new family favorite. It’s healthy, delicious and even falls under the “paleo” category.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil + more for coating the pan
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 small Sweet Potato (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
- Additional Toppings: Tomatoes (Diced Onions, and Asparagus)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with Coconut Oil as well as heat the 1 tablespoon in a medium-sized skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the oil has melted add in the Ground Turkey and season with the Chili Powder, and Salt and Pepper. Continue to cook the meat until it begins to brown.
- While the turkey is cooking peel and slice your Sweet Potato. Make sure your slices are fairly thin because if they’re too thick they won’t be as tender. Line the bottom of the greased baking dish with the sliced potatoes. In a medium bowl beat the Eggs with a whisk and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the potatoes with the turkey and then pour the eggs on top. Layer the Spinach on top of the eggs as well as any additional toppings you’d like to add.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges of the egg begin to brown and the casserole is firm throughout. Check the dish with about 5 minutes to go to see if you need to add any time.