These easy air-fryer apple fritters with brown butter glaze are healthier than old-fashioned fritters, yet they are still as delicious.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium Honey Crisp apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Line air-fryer basket with parchment paper (cut to fit); spritz with cooking spray. Preheat air-fryer to 410°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add milk, eggs, lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- In batches, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2-in. apart onto air-fryer basket. Spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn fritters; continue to air-fry until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Carefully cook until butter starts to brown and foam, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to browned butter; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over fritters before serving.
Makes 15 servings.