If you’re a fan of almond butter, then these almond butter kiss cookies will upgrade the classic blossom cookie with the flavor twist you’ve been looking for.
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups whole almonds, chopped
- 60 Hershey’s Kisses Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped (from 10.8-oz bag)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat almond butter, softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and 1 egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 60 (1-inch) balls. In small bowl, beat 2 egg whites lightly with fork. Place chopped almonds in another small bowl. Dip each ball into egg white, then roll in almonds. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute, then press 1 milk chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours or until chocolate candy is set. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature with waxed paper between layers.
Makes 60 servings.