Have a desire to spice up your asparagus? Look no further – add bacon and puff pastry to add some fun and flavor!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 spears asparagus
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Slice the puff pastry into ½-inch (1-centimeter) strips.
- Slice the bacon in half lengthwise into thin strips.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral.
- Wrap a strip of puff pastry around the asparagus, looping it in between the bacon spiral.
- Repeat with the rest of the asparagus.
- Place the wrapped spears on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush them with egg wash, then sprinkle a pinch of salt & pepper on top.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
Makes 2 Servings.