Enjoy the beefy, cheesy goodness of a bacon cheeseburger in biscuit cup form! Easy to assemble and family friendly, these cups are a fun way to get the kids involved in the kitchen by having them top their biscuits with their favorite burger fixings.
- 12 slices (0.75 oz each) American cheese, cut into quarters (about 8 oz)
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 85% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cooked bacon (about 7 slices)
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon water, if desired
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed, if desired
- Pickle slices, ketchup and mustard, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 16 nonstick muffin cups (2 3/4×1 1/4-inch) with cooking spray; set aside. Reserve 16 cheese quarters for topping biscuits; refrigerate.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Decrease heat to low; add 1/2 cup of the bacon and remaining cheese quarters. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Carefully separate each biscuit into 2 thin rounds to make 16 total rounds. Firmly press 1 biscuit round in bottom and up side of each muffin cup, forming 1/4-inch rim.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly into biscuit cups. Brush water on edges of biscuit cups. Sprinkle edges with sesame seed.
- Bake 17 minutes; top each with 1 cheese quarter. Return to oven 2 to 3 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and cheese is melted. With thin metal spatula or sharp knife, gently loosen around edges to remove biscuit cups from pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup bacon. Garnish with pickle, ketchup and mustard.