Banana Foster is not only a dessert—it’s a show! This showstopping dessert is perfect when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 ripe yet firm banana
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1/2 ounce rum
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Gather the ingredients.
- Peel banana and slice lengthwise.
- Melt brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan
- Add banana and sauté until tender.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Add banana liqueur and rum. Gently warm alcohol and coat bananas in the sauce.
- Ignite sauce with a flame
- Baste banana in liquid until the flame burns out.
- Serve banana foster immediately with a scoop of ice cream, and enjoy.