Five simple ingredients are all you need for this incredibly easy Bundtwich to come together. The combination of chicken, barbecue sauce, Cheddar cheese and red onion nestled between slices of crescent roll dough will earn you rave reviews around the table.
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 slices (0.75 oz each) Cheddar cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
Remove dough from both cans; do not unroll. Place in pan in a circle; pinch both ends of dough firmly together to seal into 1 ring. Bake 30 to 33 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Line 18×13-inch pan with cooking parchment paper. With serrated bread knife, carefully cut bread in half horizontally. Pinch or tear bread from cut sides of top and bottom halves, leaving about a 3/4-inch shell; discard or save bread pieces for another use. Place bread rings cut sides up on pan.
In medium microwavable bowl, mix chicken and barbecue sauce. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes or until hot.
Use decorative side of bread ring for top of Bundtwich. Place 12 of the cheese slice halves in decorative side of bread ring. Place remaining cheese slice halves evenly in other side of bread ring. Top evenly with chicken mixture and onion. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and rings are hot.
- Carefully replace decorative side of bread ring; lightly press. With serrated bread knife, cut into 8 wedges to serve.
Makes 8 Servings.