A decadent no-bake berry tiramisu trifle made with Mascarpone cream cheese, lady fingers and a blackberry blueberry puree. Need we say anymore besides yum!
- 6 oz lady fingers
- 1/2 lb blueberries
- 1 lb blackberries
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 4 egg yolks organic free range
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 c heavy cream organic
- 4 tbsp honey + more to taste
- 2 lemons juices
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- leaves Basil for garnish
- Lilac flowers for garnish optional
- In a small saucepan add the blackberries and blueberries together with the lemon juice, vanilla extract, honey and 2 tbsp of water. . Bring it to a simmer on low flame, cover with a lid and simmer together for a few minutes until the blueberries have popped. Allow to cool. Once cooled off strain the berry sauce separating the liquid from the solids.
- Meanwhile using a mixer with the whisk attachment whip together the heavy cream with 1 tbsp go granulated sugar. Transfer to the refrigerator and keep cold until ready to use.
- In a different bowl cream together the egg yolks with the granulated sugar using the mixer with the whisk attachment. Start adding the mascarpone cheese a little bit at a time until incorporated.
- Using a spatula add the chilled whipped cream to the bowl with the mascarpone and gently fold them together. Divide in two bowls.
- Add the solid berries from the sauce to hold of the mascarpone whipped cream mixture and gently fold together. Set aside.
- Prepare 4 medium size glasses or 1 trifle dish to assemble your tiramisu.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the berry sauce gently and layer them in the bottom of the glasses or truffle dish. Add a layer of the berry mascarpone mixture followed by a layer of the plain mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layer until you run out of ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until set.
- Serve chilled garnished with some fresh blackberries, fresh basil and a few lilac blossoms if available.