originally from AllRecipes.com
Need a quick recipe for tonight’s dinner? We’ve got you covered. This recipe is a fun take on a BLT that will have everyone in your family asking for seconds!
Let us know how it turned out in the comments below — we’d love to see pictures, too.
Makes 2 servings
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 oz. uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut in to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cooking linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.