A towering cheesecake torte that’s packed with favorite fall flavors, this dessert gets a quick start with Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ butter recipe yellow cake mix and frosting.
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 package (11 to 12 oz) butterscotch chips (2 cups), melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ butter recipe yellow cake mix
- Water, butter and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 teaspoons maple flavor
- 2 containers Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons maple flavor
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 18to 20 butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 300°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan, and line the bottom with a circle of cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add 1 can condensed milk, and beat again until well combined. Add melted butterscotch chips, and mix well. Add 4 eggs and the vanilla; pour into pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until puffed around edge and center still jiggles slightly when moved. Cheesecake will puff up around the edges and then sink when taken out of the oven. Allow cheesecake to cool 1 hour at room temperature, then refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until chilled. Level top of cheesecake with large serrated knife.
- Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Generously spray bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat Maple Cake ingredients with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well combined. Pour into pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then turn out on cooling racks to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, place contents of both frosting containers. Beat in 2 teaspoons maple flavor with electric mixer on low speed. Remove 1/3 cup of the frosting, and place in decorating bag fitted with large star tip; set aside. Place 1 cake layer on serving platter or cake stand; frost top with thin layer of frosting. Top with cheesecake layer, and frost top with thin layer of frosting. Top with final cake layer, and frost entire side and top with remaining frosting. Pipe icing stars around top edge of cake.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat Butterscotch-Maple Drizzle ingredients over medium-high heat until melted and mixture can be stirred smooth with whisk. Let cool until barely warm but still pourable. Drizzle mixture over cake. Place 1 butterscotch chip upside down into each piped star to garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Servings – 12