This Carrot Cake trifle is about to rise to the top of your favorite dessert list! Perfect for your Easter dessert or throughout the year!
- 1 box of Carrot Cake Mix & required ingredients
- 1 Carrot
- 8oz of softened cream cheese
- 1.5 sticks of softened butter
- 3.5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 16 oz Cool Whip (two regular tubs or one big one)
- Chopped walnuts of pecans
- Prepare the carrot cake recipe as instructed (I like to add shredded carrots to the mix to make it feel a little more authentic) in a 9×13 pyrex baking dish. Allow to cool when finished then cut into cubes.
- For the whipped mixture: Using an electric mixer on medium/high-speed cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until it becomes light and fluffy. This will take 3-5 minutes and you will need to scrape down the sides. Turn the mixer down to a low speed and add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until combined. Pour in vanilla and mix for another 2-3 minutes as it continues to fluff. With the mixer still on low add the Cool Whip a little at a time until everything is combined.
- In a trifle bowl or deep glass bowl, place in one layer of carrot cake pieces/crumbles. Then add a layer of your whipped cream cheese mixture. Repeat ending with the whipped cream cheese on top. Add the crushed walnuts or pecans to the top and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.