My family loves chilled asparagus. It’s the perfect veggie to have on a warm night, or any night for that matter!
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add half the asparagus; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Place mayonnaise, cream, 3 tablespoons basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spoon over asparagus. Garnish with pine nuts, lemon peel and remaining 1 tablespoon basil.