It’s an amazingly creamy broccoli pasta salad you are going to love. It’s your favorite broccoli salad with the addition of pasta for a heartier side dish! This flavorful and delicious side dish pairs perfectly with grilled burgers or your next BBQ!
- 16 oz. dry cavatappi pasta
- 20 oz. frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup Real Mayonnaise
- 3-4 TBS red wine vinegar
- 2-3 TBS granulated sugar
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to your liking
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 – 1 cup fully-cooked chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 – 1/2 to 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds (optional, but delicious!)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions to al dente. About a minute before the cook time is up for the pasta, add the frozen broccoli to the boiling water. Stir. Cook for one more minute and then drain broccoli and pasta in a colander, under running cold water. Stir the pasta and broccoli around under the cold water to stop cooking. Set aside and allow to drain once no longer hot.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Hellman’s® Real Mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper. Stir in the red onion, bacon and dried cranberries.
- Add the cooled pasta/broccoli mixture to the dressing. Stir to coat. Stir in the cheddar cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min. to allow flavors to blend and complete the cooling.
- Before serving, stir again. Add in the sunflower seeds, if using.