Using Progresso™ broth and Pillsbury™ Grands!™ biscuits in this homemade chicken and dumplings recipe streamlines your prep time to just 30 minutes. You’ll be rewarded with a savory, steamy chicken in broth with light, fluffy dumplings as the topping.
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat broth, chicken, soup and poultry seasoning to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
- On lightly floured surface, roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Drop strips, one at a time, into boiling chicken mixture. Add carrots and celery. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
Makes 4 servings.