Is there anything more comforting than a chicken & rice casserole? We actually don’t think so.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 2 c. white rice, rinsed well and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10.5-oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with oil. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs skin side up in rice mixture and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Turn oven to broil and broil until chicken is golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Yields 4 Servings.