Looking for an easy dinner that your kids will have fun helping with? Try out these French Bread Pizzas!
- 6 whole Deli Rolls Or Crusty Italian Rolls
- Jarred Marinara Sauce Or Pizza Sauce
- Jarred Or Refrigerated Pesto
- 2 pounds Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- Grated Parmesan Cheese To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 pound Sausage (regular Breakfast Sausage Or Italian Sausage)
- Pepperoni Slices
- Canadian Bacon Slices
- Pineapple Chunks, Fresh Or Canned
- Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- Sliced Black Olives
- Optional Ingredients: Goat Cheese, Sliced Bell Peppers, Various Cheeses, Pepperoncinis, Jalapeno Slices, Diced Red Onion, Any Other Pizza Topping You’d Like!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice rolls in half and lay them, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Top each half with a generous portion of either marinara or pesto. Next, top with a generous amount of grated mozzarella and Parmesan, if you’d like.
- Add whatever toppings you’d like on top of the cheese!
- Once all assembled, put the pan in the oven on the lowest rack for 8 to 10 minutes. Crank up the heat to 425 and put it on the highest rack until the cheese starts to bubble a bit and turn golden.
- Remove and serve immediately! You can cut the pizzas in half right across the middle so there are mini-French Bread Pizzas for everyone.
Yields 12 Servings.