This gluten-free flourless chocolate cake is a rich, gooey chocolate cake topped with fluffy vanilla whipped cream. The top of the flourless cake has an almost brownie-like texture and flavor, while the inside is super moist and fudgy.
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter, plus more for pan
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 c. heavy whipped cream
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 275°. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9″ springform pan. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large, microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until completely melted. Let cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks.
- In a medium or large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, and continue beating until glossy stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture; then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake at 275° until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center, 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; remove sides of the pan. Serve at room temperature with sweetened vanilla whipped cream.
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- To a mixing bowl, add the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract.
- Use the whisk attachment to beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- If not using right away, cover and chill until serving.
Slice cake and serve with homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
Makes 12 servings.