Get that grilled pineapple in while it’s still summer!
- 3 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 pineapple, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper and place in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, Sriracha, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour marinade over chicken and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 6 hours.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Add pineapple and cook, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade, then bring marinade to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil until it is the consistency of a thin barbecue sauce, about 9 minutes.
- When pineapple is done cooking, remove from grill and add chicken thighs, skin side down. Cook, turning occasionally and basting with sauce until the skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes in total.
- Serve pineapple and grilled chicken together, garnished with green onions.
Makes 3-6 servings