Usher in fall with this easy to cook one pan comfort meal!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- optional: chopped parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- While butter is melting, whisk together flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, being sure to coat all sides.
- Once butter is melted, add your chicken to the pan in a single layer (you’ll probably need to squish them in there, it’s perfectly fine if they are touching and squished). Cook for about 2-3 minutes – just long enough to brown the outside of the chicken, then flip the chicken and move all chicken breasts over to one side of the skillet as best you can.
- Add asparagus to the bare part of the pan. Sprinkle with remaining salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook chicken and asparagus until chicken is white through the middle and asparagus is tender.
- Sprinkle chicken and asparagus with the parmesan cheese. All to cook another couple of minutes until the cheese is melty (you can set a pot lid or a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan to speed this up!) Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve.