If you can’t decide which dessert to make, this pie-cobbler combo is here to save the day! Brown sugar, butter and pecans come together perfectly in this easy treat that’s sure to get two thumbs up all around. P.S. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, meltedSAVE $
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
- In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion. Bake 30 minutes longer or until set. Cool 20 minutes on cooling rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Makes 12 servings.