originally from leCremdelaCrumb.com
Summer time brings us the most delicious fruits and flavors of the year! Enjoy this healthy and delicious salad with baked coconut chicken tenders, fresh pineapple, macadamia nuts, and a creamy pina colada vinaigrette dressing!
For the Burgers:
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/4 inch thickness
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs & 1 tablespoon water, whisked
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
For the Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (may substitute sour cream)
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 and heavily grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then slice the chicken into 1-2 inch wide strips. Toss chicken pieces in flour, then egg mixture, then toss in the coconut to coat well. Place coated chicken strips on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Spray chicken strips with cooking spray and bake 6-8 minutes, then flip them all over and cook on the other side another 6-8 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned. (The coconut flakes should begin to char slightly.)
- Top romaine with chicken tenders, red peppers, pineapple chunks, macadamia nuts, and top with wonton strips. Serve with pina colada dressing.