This roasted carrots recipe makes extra dressing, which is good because you’ll want to use it on your next burger, over broiled salmon, or in a grain salad.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 red Thai chiles, sliced
- 1 ½-inch piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss carrots and 2 Tbsp. oil on a large rimmed baking sheet and season with salt. Roast, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 20–25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring shallot, chiles, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. water to a gentle simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook just until aromatics are soft, 8–10 minutes (you don’t want the liquid to reduce much). Let cool. Transfer to a blender, add lime juice and mayonnaise and blend until smooth. With motor running, gradually stream in remaining ¼ cup oil; blend until emulsified. Season dressing with salt.
- Drizzle dressing over carrots just before serving.
- Do Ahead: Dressing can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.