Some days you want to push the boat out with your evening meal, and sometimes it’s nice to take it back to basic with something simple yet delicious like this roasted tomato and broccoli pasta.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- few sprigs thyme
- olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb tender stem broccoli
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 0.50 tsp chili flakes
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 4 cups unsweetened oat milk
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups pine nuts
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the garlic cloves and whole cherry tomatoes on a lipped baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, thyme, and toss through olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until blistered and a little colored, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta to pack instructions. Add the broccoli florets for the last 3 minutes of cooking time, then drain and set aside.
- In a large deep saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat and add the onion. Gently fry for 5-8 minutes until softened and a little colored. Add the chili flakes and flour and fry for a few minutes until bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink. Stirring all the time, then put over medium heat and stir regularly until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Toast the pine nuts, cashews, and almonds together until golden in a small non-stick frying pan.
- Toss the spaghetti and broccoli through the sauce. Top with the roasted tomatoes, toasted nuts, a handful of fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Makes 4 servings.