Are you attending or hosting a Super Bowl party? These delicious and easy pigskin bites are sure to be a gameday winner.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 cocktail-size smoked link sausages (from 14-oz package)
- 1 egg
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz) Pilsner beer
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- Yellow mustard, from a squeeze bottle
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles. Place 1 sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up, rolling to opposite point.
- In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon of the beer with whisk until thoroughly blended; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave remaining beer uncovered on High 1 minute 45 seconds or until hot. Slowly add baking soda, stirring until baking soda is completely dissolved. Using metal tongs, dip each rolled crescent, one at a time, into beer and baking soda mixture. Remove, and place on cooling rack. Let stand at room temperature about 5 minutes.
- Brush crescents with beer and egg mixture, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Carefully place on cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. On each, squeeze 1 line of mustard crosswise and 3 lines lengthwise to make laces of football. Serve warm.
Yields 24 servings.