Filled with potatoes, several different vegetables, and of course beef, this slow cooker beef stew is simple to make, delicious & smells great while cooking!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 lbs cubed stewing beef, *see notes for substitution
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6-8 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Pour olive oil into the slow cooker. Spread around all surfaces. This should help the food not burn or stick to the crock.
- Add stewing beef and pour wine over top.
- Add herbs and spices.
- Add vegetables, layered in this order: onion, potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas.
- Pour broth and 1 cup of water over meat and vegetables.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Dissolve tapioca starch into 2 tsp of cold water and stir into stew. Let simmer for 30-60 minutes longer, or until vegetables are soft and meat is cooked thoroughly. Serve hot!