Grab the family and hit the road for some fun around SE Michigan!
In an effort to practice social distancing at this time, below are some family-friendly activities to keep you and your loved ones busy and safe:
- Start Your Spring Garden. You know that garden you’ve been putting off? With this in mind, have your kids join you in your backyard as you get started on planting your favorite fruits and vegetables. In addition, the Almanac has several tips on getting started.
- Set Up a Scavenger Hunt. Suprisingly a fun scavenger hunt is a great way to kill some time and keep your kids’ minds engaged while they are away from school. Furthermore, here are some ideas to get you started.
- Bond Over a Puzzle. In fact a puzzle is another great way to keep your kids’ testing their brainpower while they are away from school – give it a try and work as a team to get it solved.
- Play Backyard Soccer or Volleyball. Do you have a net lying around that you could make into a makeshift volleyball or soccer net? Certainly soccer and volleyball are great ways to get your family outdoors to blow off some energy.
- Play a Board Game. Dust off those old board games and get to playing! Additionally, not only are they a great way to bond, they are also great for stimulating imagination and thinking.
- Collaborate on a Daily or Weekly Schedule. It’s likely that home-schooling is new for you. All things considered, get your kids involved in setting up a daily or weekly schedule that involves schoolwork, playtime, and more.
There are no upcoming events at this time.