This is one of my standard pasta salads for potlucks or parties!
- 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ½ (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in boiling water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook peas for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine cooled tortellini, cooled peas, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, chives, and parsley in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper in a little bowl; the dressing is supposed to taste sour. Pour over tortellini salad and mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Taste before serving and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Yeild – 10 servings